Sunday 8 December 2013

Goodbye Newport, Hello Cardiff

Goodbye Newport, Hello Cardiff

My almost three years of living in Newport had to come to an end, and after my university work was submitted and we had received our feedback, I quickly moved to Cardiff, a place that offered more opportunities than Newport, a lot more. 

I did a lot of job hunting and got myself a regular job, and also concentrated on my own projects. A friend of mine who I lived with at university was now also living in Cardiff with a friend, who managed to get me a job editing a video for Cardiff Council. This was such a great start to my new life in a new city, and I happily did the job with much excitement. Everyone was pleased with the video, and I was promised more jobs in the near future. 

Not long after this, I decided to try my hand at making a short clay animation. I did this, and, although only 30 seconds long, the animation came out quite well, and I included a little pun in there. Around the same time, I spoke to a script writer who studies at Bournemouth university, and we talked about doing a collaboration; him writing the scripts, and me producing them. We decided on an idea, and I am now in the process of producing it. 

I haven't been in Cardiff long, and things are already looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment