Friday 4 May 2012

The painful group assignment continues...


So continuing from the previous blog, re-shoots were indeed added. They were desperately needed, and have now been put into the edit, and look a lot better, the film definitely flows better now. Although the re-shoots worked well, being on the set was a nightmare for me.

Two of the actors were very busy at the time rehearsing for their end of year show, so their availablity for us was constantly changing, and on days that they were available, they would only be available for a short time. So scheduling had to be planned to perfection. It wasn't. On the first scheduled re-shoot, all of the actors cancelled, maybe due to the fact that there was torrential rain and wind outside, so filming had to be pushed back.

When we finally got to re-shoot, my sound equipment decided to fail on me; the boom microphone didn't seem to work, so I had to do with the edirol's interior microphone. The next day, I was supposed to do ADR with one of the actors, and we only had him for 2 hours, so the plan was to film his scenes in an hour, then do ADR. This didn't happen. The crew seemed more interested in messing around, and the producer didn't even turn up. I didn't get to do ADR. I have to now do it in the next week, 3 days before the film is due in.

No comments:

Post a Comment